Must-Follow Safety Tips About Commercial Refrigeration Units You Didn’t Know
Multiple businesses like supermarkets, pharmaceuticals, retail shops, and food processing shops depend on commercial refrigerators. Thus, safety is the most important factor when it comes to their use, and there are a host of safety tips that commercial refrigeration users can implement.
Safety Tips to Follow When Using Commercial Refrigeration Units
- Keep The Refrigerator Clean: Your commercial refrigerator should be clean and tidy. Clean the shelves, interior walls, handles, and exterior parts more frequently. Ensure that the interior and exterior of the unit are dry and there is no water spillage or moisture build-up.
- Check for Leaks: HVAC, ventilation or refrigerant issues can lead to leaks around your commercial refrigeration unit or in its drain pipe. Undetected leaks can not only impact the cooling process but also be a slip-and-fall hazard. Make sure to keep an eye on leaks and clean them thoroughly. In the event of any major issues, get them checked and repaired by a technician.
- Maintain It At The Right Temperature: Refrigerators for commercial applications require operation at the right temperature for food safety. Keep an eye on the thermostat to monitor and calibrate the internal temperature. Ensure an optimal temperature based on your stored items.
- Don’t Overload Your Refrigerator: Air needs to circulate properly to keep items in the refrigerator for commercial use fresh. An overloaded refrigerator may not be able to
- maintain the desired temperature and cause food spoilage. Therefore, you should assess your usage beforehand and purchase a commercial refrigeration unit that matches your needs.
- Keep the Fans Unobstructed: Fans in your commercial refrigeration units keep the hot air out. Any obstructions can impact the workings of the fan and overheat the refrigerator. Overheating leads to high utility bills, breakdown of the unit and, worse, can be a major safety hazard. Regularly check the fans and keep them clean and unobstructed.
- Inspect Your Fridge Regularly: You can avoid most commercial refrigeration issues through early inspection. Check for dents on the exterior and interior parts, clogged coils, damaged shelving, water supply line defects, frost formation, etc.
- Wear Protective Clothing: You or your staff should wear protective clothing, such as suits, boots, gloves, and headgear, while using walk-in commercial refrigeration units, cold storage units, and loading docks to protect against sub-zero temperatures and other safety hazards.
- Install An Alarm System: You should install an alarm system if you have a walk-in commercial refrigeration unit. The alarm should be loud enough to call for any help.
The above-mentioned safety features for refrigerators for commercial purposes help keep you, your employees, and your customers safe. The safety guidelines and tips will also protect the integrity of your equipment, increase the longevity and sustainability of your commercial refrigeration units, improve their performance, and save you from costly repairs.
Commercial refrigeration units are an integral part of a wide variety of businesses. Depending on your usage and the volume of storage required, you can buy different refrigerators for commercial applications. Choose reliable commercial refrigerator manufacturers in India to ensure freezers and refrigerators have the proper safety features installed.
Western Equipment is the largest refrigerator manufacturer in India of eco-friendly refrigeration units. For us, the safety of our users is of paramount importance, and we build secure refrigerators for a wide variety of uses. Join hands with us to get 24*7 customer support, attractive offers and years of warranty.